Revised October 1, 2012
Revised October 1, 2013
We consider the appropriate handling of personal information as a social responsibility and have established the following policy with regard to the protection of personal information. We strive to protect and manage personal information based on this policy. We disseminate information about this policy to all employees, including executives. In order to implement and comply with the policy, we not only formulate and implement measures related to the protection of personal information but also conduct regular audits on the status of this implementation and seek constant improvement in the measures related to the protection of personal information.
1. We comply with legislation as well as policies and guidelines that government agencies have established related to the protection of personal information.
2. We have established structures to protect personal information as well as internal rules and regulations concerning the appropriate collection, use, and management of personal information, and we comply with these rules and regulations.
3. We handle the personal information that it collects in accordance with the purpose of use that the Company sets out (refer to Purpose of Use for Personal Information Handled by Oji Holdings Corporation below).
4. We do not provide personal information to third parties, except in the following cases.
- (a) Cases in which we have the consent of the person concerned;
- (b) Cases in which information is disclosed or provided in a form that does not allow the identification of the person concerned, such as statistical data;
- (c) Cases in which personal information is provided based on legislation;
- (d) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned;
- (e) Cases in which the provision of personal information is especially necessary to improve public health or promote the welfare of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned;
- (f) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary to cooperate with national agencies, local governments and other government bodies in the implementation of public business and in which obtaining the consent of the person concerned may hinder execution of said business;
- (g) Cases in which personal information is provided to Oji Group companies as described below in Joint Use of Personal Information Within the Oji Group.
5.We have taken steps to prevent unlawful access, loss, destruction, alteration and leakage of personal information and will implement corrective measures promptly in the event that an accident or other incident occurs.
6. In the event of receiving a request from the person concerned for the disclosure, deletion, or amendment of personal information in accordance with standards established separately by us, we will respond in an appropriate manner after confirming that the request was made by the person concerned in the absence of specific reasons such as infringement of other legislation.
7. We may subcontract some of our operations in order to facilitate our business and may entrust the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to the subcontractor of the operations. In this case, we will give thorough directions to the subcontractor to ensure that the personal information is handled with the same level of management with which we handle it.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information Handled by Oji Holdings Corporation
We use the personal information that we collect only for the purposes of providing customers with information concerning the products and services of Oji Holdings Corporation and Oji Group, improving and upgrading the quality of the products and services of Oji Holdings Corporation and Oji Group, responding to customer inquiries, and performing other business of Oji Holdings Corporation.
Joint Use of Personal Information Within the Oji Group
Oji Group companies may make joint use of the personal information they hold with companies in the Oji Group within the scope set forth below.
- (1) Categories of jointly used personal information
Contact details such as name, address, gender, telephone number, e-mail address, place of work, department and position, and other business contact details.
- (2) Companies that jointly use personal information
Oji Group companies.
- (3) Purpose of use
Purposes listed above in Purpose of Use of Personal Information Handled by Oji Holdings Corporation.
- (4) Entity with responsibility for managing personal information
Oji Group companies that hold said personal information, including Oji Holdings Corporation.
Contact: General Affairs Department (phone) (81) 03-3563-4520
October 1, 2013
Oji Holdings Corporation